Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] problems with indexer.pl

DaveP davep@hmgcc.gov.uk
Thu, 01 Feb 2001 16:32:33 +0000
Joachim Herbst wrote:

> Dear group!
>
> My perlfect search ist running, just it cannot index files above 10
> MB. It gives message "out of memory". Is it really not enough memory
> on the server ? I have version 3.09. Is 3.10 a fix. One of the mail
> says that DB should be installed? I unfortunately do not know how and
> where ...

I have a similar problem. Watching the machine (Solaris 2.7) while the
indexer is running it goofs along taking 27Mb of memory until the
indexer hits one file, a 3Mb HTML document. Memory useage then jumps to
130Mb. The full web server has files even larger which will almost
certainly result in failure.

BTW I have the LOW_MEMORY switch ON.

Dave