Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Understanding the Indexing Process

Intekhab Choudhury ichoudhury007@yahoo.com
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 05:12:32 -0800 (PST)
Hi,
   First, I tried to index my entire site, but going
through that memory problem.  So, I indexed a fairly
smaller directory, and went successfully.  Then I had
tuned up Kernel paramters and attempted indexing the
entire site (excluding about 20 something directory).

So, I used the no_index.txt in the following process..

to exclude folder /htdocs/Forms/...

I added two line /full-path/htdocs/Forms/
                 /full-path/htdocs/Forms/*

I started running that on Friday noon, but indexing
still going  (and this is Monday 8AM ) :(

In the nohup.out, it shows that its reading the
directory structures that were excluded, but no number
next to them (that means, they are not indexing..which
is good).  But my guess is, since its even reading
those directory, that's why its taking so long to
index to get done (now, I am not even getting the
memory error message) but going and going.

I will go ahead and delete the content of the data
directory and start again.  But if you have any input,
please provide it.  Thanks