Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Unable to Index due to that Memory Restriction

Intekhab Choudhury ichoudhury007@yahoo.com
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 07:31:17 -0800 (PST)
Hi,
  I have tried various tips and tricks but unable to
bypass this error.  Basically,I am running Indexer in
a HPUX box with 2Gig Physical memory 2x180 PA-RISC
100GB HD.  At first, I was trying to index the whole
Web server, but figured, probably Perlfect cann't do
that much at one time (considering I have like 20 GB
folder full of Visio doc ) and so on...

So, I decided to index only a directory where I have
major HTML files and some docs.  I am only indexing
.html, .htm, .doc and .pdf)  Still it fails with the
following message (is this paramter in the Unix
kernel?) or is this a Perlfect issue?

Out of memory during "large" request for 2101248
bytes, total sbrk() is 65151240
 bytes at /opt/perl5/lib/5.6.1/Carp/Heavy.pm line 95.

Thanks