Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Javascript in Template

will will@spanner.org
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 22:17:44 +0100
>Also the navigation linking to the rest of my site does not work with
>relative links, infact all the .../ are removed from the source. But if I
>use absolute links ie http:// etc, these do work.

/links should work too. the same sort of absolute addresses will be
required for rollover images, external javascripts, stylesheets,
background images and anything else of that kind. this is not unique
to perlfect; it's generally necessary for templated pagebuilding,
since you don't know where your page is going to be (eg how far down
in the directory structure) when the template is dropped into it.

you don't need to put anything in the cgi-bin. not very good idea:
just point to the absolute address instead. that may mess up your
local display of the same pages, but most half-decent editors will
allow you to define a site root and treat absolute addresses as
relative to that.

will