Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Problem via Index_form.html

Daniel Naber daniel.naber@t-online.de
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 18:16:20 +0200
On Saturday 04 August 2001 17:54, you wrote:

> > You don't have permission to access >
> /cgi-bin/perlfect/search/indexer.pl on this server.-
>
> - when running indexer.pl from index_form.html.
> I have a password in conf.pl, the form action is correct and I have
> verified all permissions.

That's a server error, not one from Perlfect Search. indexer.pl needs to
be executable by the web user (try to set execute for all), data and the
files in it must be writeable, the same for temp, all the other files must
be readable. Also the first line of indexer.pl (path to perl) must be
correct.

On the other hand, you might want to set up a cronjob so that you don't
need to update manually.

If all doesn't help, the server's error log should contain more
information about the problem.

regards