Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] joker support for Perlfect Search 3.20

Webmaster@YourMaine.Com webmaster@yourmaine.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 08:30:43 -0400
Hi Daniel,

    I updated the no_index.txt and replaced the search.pl with the new one
you sent me, and you know what?  It worked!  So right now everything seems
to be working just fine.  Thanks a bunch for your help!

Regards,

Mike

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Naber" <daniel.naber@t-online.de>
To: <perlfect-search@perlfect.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2001 8:30 PM
Subject: [Perlfect-search] joker support for Perlfect Search 3.20

Hi,

here's a version of search.pl that supports the * as a joker, BUT it does
only work with "Match all words". "-" will be ignored. The * can now be
used anywhere in the term.

It's not a patch, but the complete file "search.pl". You can use it
instead of the old one.

Please test this and let me know if it works (it is much slower than the
normal version if you have many files, if you don't use * the speed should
be the same). If it's okay, I'll try to extend it so that OR and "-" work
again.

Tel. 05241-59371, Mobil 0170-4819674