Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] I have two servers

Stephan Engelke engelke@gmx.net
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 21:11:59 +0200
Daniel Naber writes:
> On Fre, 29 Sep 2000, you wrote:

> No  - but we could of course extend it so that this becomes possible. I
> don't think this is a frequently requested feature, so this wouldn't be
> free. If you want a quote, mail me at daniel@perlfect.com.

Daniel,

the feature of searching through more than one index is the prime
reason I use swish-e on one of my servers.  I use the search engine to
provide a means to search through HTML documentation like the PHP or
the apache manual.

I like to keep the indices apart so the the user has the ability to
choose which manual he/she likes to search.  This improves the
search's speed and in most cases the quality of the results. It also
cuts down down the time needed for reindexing if part of the docs
change.

I, too, would like to see this added very much. :-)

Regards -- Stephan
--
Stephan Engelke                                                engelke@gmx.net
              *** I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got! ***