Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Can't Install - Syntax Errors

Jack Kerouac jackkerouac@home.com
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 09:51:47 -0400
I've been trying to install through telnet, but I get the following errors:

% perl setup.pl
syntax error in file setup.pl at line 9, next 2 tokens "my $VERSION "
syntax error in file setup.pl at line 21, next 2 tokens "input("
syntax error in file setup.pl at line 29, next 2 tokens "chomp $perl"
syntax error in file setup.pl at line 31, next 2 tokens "input("
syntax error in file setup.pl at line 33, next 2 tokens "set_perl_path("
syntax error in file setup.pl at line 38, next 2 tokens "my $baseurl "
syntax error in file setup.pl at line 51, next 2 tokens "my $instdir"
syntax error in file setup.pl at line 59, next 2 tokens "install_dir("
syntax error in file setup.pl at line 80, next 2 tokens "my @filetypes"
syntax error in file setup.pl at line 81, next 2 tokens "input("
setup.pl has too many errors.
%

Any ideas?

Jack