Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] I've done something wrong, Perlfect seems to only index HTML files

Daniel Naber dnaber@mini.gt.owl.de
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 22:12:02 +0200
On Die, 26 Sep 2000, you wrote:

> # Only files with these extensions should be indexed. [re-index]
> @EXT =
> ("htm","html","shtml","stm","asp","stx","txt","pdf","csv","xls","doc","m
> pp","ppt","mdb");

Hehe, do you expect Microsoft to provide software that works together with
other people's software? If so, you're wrong.

A way to index PDF files will be in the next version (and is on the
patches page), you could also adapt it to use a Word2Ascii converter etc.
For every MS format you need a converter that puts out ASCII and you have
to adapt the script to call it.

> PS should the database be reinitialised at each index?

Whenever you call indexer.pl, it totally starts from scratch.