Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] I've done something wrong, Perlfect seems to only index HTML files

Paul Teggart paul.teggart@ifs.ie
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:35:27 +0100
Hi,

# Only files with these extensions should be indexed. [re-index]
@EXT =
("htm","html","shtml","stm","asp","stx","txt","pdf","csv","xls","doc","m
pp","ppt","mdb");

I've run the indexer a few times, and I have a few .pdf docs, and a few
msword docs on the site, but searching for terms known to be contained,
returns no results for these file types.  It works beautifully for all HTML
content.

PS should the database be reinitialised at each index? What I mean is, will
broken links be returned as results if the indexer was run between their
removal, and the search?

Best Regards,
        Paul Teggart

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be of a legally
privileged nature. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). Unauthorised
recipients must preserve this confidentiality and should advise the sender of
any error in the transmission.
Any views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of International Financial Systems Ltd.
For information on I.F.S please visit our web site
http://www.ifs.ie

www.mimesweeper.com