Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Problem with initial indexing of site

John M. Knapp trance@lightlink.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 00:11:56 -0400
Alas,

I don't have access to db_file on my provider's machine. I understood
from the literature that search is compatible with sdbm. Is this not
true? Shouldn't the web page be changed to reflect this?

>  >Hi, all,
>>
>>I've installed Perlfect 3.09 on a SunOS sun4m machine running Apache.
>>When I started my initial index, everything chugged along swimmingly
>>for about 1/3 of my site and then I received the following bombout
>>message:
>>
>>sdbm store returned -1, errno 22, key "146" at ./indexer.pl line 197.
>>
>>Line 197 of indexer.pl reads:
>>
>>      $tf_db{$_} .= pack("ww", $doc_id, $tf{$_});
>>
>Use db_file instead of sdbm, it solves these problems.
>
>Regards,
>
>Laurent
>
>---
>Laurent LESTRADE
>mailto:Laurent.LESTRADE@imp.cnrs.fr
>http://www.imp.cnrs.fr/utilisateurs/lestrade/
>-----
>J'ai vu marqu� sur la boite du logiciel : "Windows 95 et Pentium ou
>sup�rieur", j'ai alors achet� un Macintosh.

John M. Knapp, executive director,
trancenet.org, http://www.trancenet.org

Serving 6,000 pages of unfiltered information daily on Transcendental
Meditation, The Way International, Rama/Lenz, Chopra, Moon, cultic abuse in
families, more. To discuss controversial groups and cult recovery without
flaming: email trance@lightlink.com about free email lists.
trancenet.org relies solely on the "sharefare" contributions of
readers like you.

"INFORMATION IS FREEDOM"