Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Problem with initial indexing of site

John M. Knapp
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 00:11:56 -0400

I don't have access to db_file on my provider's machine. I understood
from the literature that search is compatible with sdbm. Is this not
true? Shouldn't the web page be changed to reflect this?

>  >Hi, all,
>>I've installed Perlfect 3.09 on a SunOS sun4m machine running Apache.
>>When I started my initial index, everything chugged along swimmingly
>>for about 1/3 of my site and then I received the following bombout
>>sdbm store returned -1, errno 22, key "146" at ./ line 197.
>>Line 197 of reads:
>>      $tf_db{$_} .= pack("ww", $doc_id, $tf{$_});
>Use db_file instead of sdbm, it solves these problems.
>J'ai vu marqu� sur la boite du logiciel : "Windows 95 et Pentium ou
>sup�rieur", j'ai alors achet� un Macintosh.
>perlfect-search mailing list

John M. Knapp, executive director,,

Serving 6,000 pages of unfiltered information daily on Transcendental
Meditation, The Way International, Rama/Lenz, Chopra, Moon, cultic abuse in
families, more. To discuss controversial groups and cult recovery without
flaming: email about free email lists. relies solely on the "sharefare" contributions of
readers like you.