Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Re: Problem after install

Mark - Fresh Egg mark@freshegg.com
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 21:24:12 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C0227F.F44AAEE0

On Die, 19 Sep 2000, you wrote:

> I followed the instructions and went to the search.pl page in the
> cgi-bin/perlfect/search dir.  I did not get a blank search results =
page
> tho.  The script contents of the file came back. =20

You need to install in cgi-bin, and cgi-bin actually has to be a CGI=20
directory. I.e. this has nothing to do with this particular script, but=20
with your server setup - ask your system admin.

In that case could it be that the.pl extension hasnt been configured =
properly because I know the cgi-bin directory has the correct =
permissions because a form mail script works, altho this has the .cgi =
extension.  If it is not this could you be more specific on how to solve =
this as the system admin isnt being overly helpful, and we have full =
telnet access so could make some changes ourselves ( altho we only have =
basic knowledge of *nix).

Thanks=20

Mark

------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C0227F.F44AAEE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>On Die, 19 Sep 2000, you wrote:<BR><BR>&gt;<I> I =
followed=20
the instructions and went to the search.pl page in the<BR></I>&gt;<I>=20
cgi-bin/perlfect/search dir.&nbsp; I did not get a blank search results=20
page<BR></I>&gt;<I> tho.&nbsp; The script contents of the file came =
back.&nbsp;=20
<BR></I><BR>You need to install in cgi-bin, and cgi-bin actually has to =
be a CGI=20
<BR>directory. I.e. this has nothing to do with this particular script, =
but=20
<BR>with your server setup - ask your system admin.<BR><BR>Regards<BR>=20
Daniel</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D2>In that case could it be that =
the.pl=20
extension hasnt been configured properly because I know the cgi-bin =
directory=20
has the correct permissions because a form mail script works, altho this =
has the=20
.cgi extension.&nbsp; If it is not this could you be more specific on =
how to=20
solve this as the system admin isnt being overly helpful, and we have =
full=20
telnet access so could make some changes ourselves ( altho we only have =
basic=20
knowledge of *nix).</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D2></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D2>Thanks <BR><BR>Mark</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C0227F.F44AAEE0--