Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Problem with initial indexing of site

John M. Knapp trance@lightlink.com
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 22:08:15 -0400
Hi, all,

I've installed Perlfect 3.09 on a SunOS sun4m machine running Apache.
When I started my initial index, everything chugged along swimmingly
for about 1/3 of my site and then I received the following bombout
message:

sdbm store returned -1, errno 22, key "146" at ./indexer.pl line 197.

Line 197 of indexer.pl reads:

     $tf_db{$_} .= pack("ww", $doc_id, $tf{$_});

I gamely tried running the indexer.pl again, but this time it bombed
out in the first file. My site, http://www.trancenet.org/ has ~1250
html/shtml files -- some of them over 100K (don't ask, it makes sense
given the limited manpower we have at an all-volunteer site).

Any help would be appreciated. I didn't find anything similar in my
search of the archive.

John M. Knapp, executive director,
trancenet.org, http://www.trancenet.org

Serving 6,000 pages of unfiltered information daily on Transcendental
Meditation, The Way International, Rama/Lenz, Chopra, Moon, cultic abuse in
families, more. To discuss controversial groups and cult recovery without
flaming: email trance@lightlink.com about free email lists.
trancenet.org relies solely on the "sharefare" contributions of
readers like you.

"INFORMATION IS FREEDOM"