Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Can Perlfect support Chinese/Big5 ??

Kyosuka kyosuka@fetnet.net
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 04:17:23 +0800
Hi,

>use locale;
>at the top of both indexer.pl and search.pl. If your system if configured
>correctly this might help. On the other hand, we filter anything that's
>not a-zA-Z....

I add it,but it still can't work.

>Can you tell us more about the encoding you're using? When I look at it
>with an editor or with netscape, I only see stuff like "w�w�l?.
>I guess this encoding uses two bytes for each charatcter?

Yes,the Chinese/Big5 charatcter set uses two bytes ( 16 bits )to encode.
It's encoding range from A140 to F9FE and 8180 to FEA0 , total 23,940 words.

Thank you!

Regards
 Juang Da-Wei