Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] DB_File installation problem behind a Firewall

=?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Lagrange lagrange@cybericare.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 18:18:45 +0200
--------------CA8E83544446F7603E3C4835

Dear all,

After testing the Perlfect Search engine on a lab machine, we have
decided to install it on our production site.

Hopefully for our company but unfortunately for us, the production
servers are held behind an awesome Firewall that disables any HTTP
outbound connection.

This brings me to our problem, while installing DB_File with the command
ppm install DB_File, we had the following error :
"unable to reach site www.activestate.com:80 - error in
D:/perl/site/lib/PPM/SoapClient.pm line 22"

Does this means that we need an Internet connexion to install DB_File
and if so how can we by-pass this because of our firewall.

Please let us know, we are about to put our web site on-line and we have
been working hard to make all this setup work.

Thanck you in advance.

Regards,

St�phane Lagrange.