Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Win2k Search 3.09

matt mcparland matt@engsoc.carleton.ca
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 20:21:10 -0400 (EDT)
Someone was running into errors with the indexer that I read in the
archives and the problem wasn't solved.  At the end ot running indexer.pl
I get a bunch of "couldn't unlink file: file doesn't exist" and this
causes problems.  The tmp files weren't getting copied to the proper
locations without those files there.  So I created some empty files so
that they'd exist and all was sort of okay.  The indexing runs okay.

Now, I get:

Cannot open c:/inetpub/wwwroot/cgi-bin/perlfect/search/data/inv_index: No
such file or directory at
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cgi-bin\perlfect\search\search.pl line 65.

This is curious because the file exists.  I've changed the config file
from backslashes to forward slashes and nothing works.  'perl -c conf.pl'
says it's okay and the path above looks okay (there's no missing
slashes) so I don't know what's going on.  indexer.pl didn't create a file
called 'inv_index' so I tried creating a file with that name of zero
size.  I get the same error message that it can't find the file.  (I'd
expect there to be an error accessing that DB if it's zero size but nope,
can't even tie() it.)

Any ideas?  Should I post my configuration file?  This is on Win2k with
ActiveState (the latest version, it was just installed yesterday).

--
Matt McParland                                  matt@engsoc.org