Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] setup.pl does nothing?

Rob Stevenson rstevenson@accesscable.net
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 11:17:26 -0300
Hello,

Hope you can help.

I downloaded and unzipped the package, then ftp uploaded it to my remote
server (running Redhat Linux 6.2 and Apache of course). I telnetted in
and followed the directions...

4. Go inside the distribution directory that you just uploaded.
5. Run the setup utility with the following command: perl setup.pl

Unfortunately, absolutely nothing happens. I don't get amy prompts and
nothing is installed  anywhere. The server has perl 5.00503 I think, and
it even has DB-File, so I should be ready.

In case it matters, I unzipped the package on my Mac using Aladdin's
StuffIt Expander 5.1.2, and uploaded it to the server using Panic's
Transmit 1.6. My telnet sw is NiftyTelnet 1.1 SSH r3.

Any help or hints greatly appreciated.

Rob

Rob Stevenson - MSCS
Mus.Soft Computer Services