Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Problems with indexer.pl

Lance Leonard lleonard@alldev.com
Thu, 05 Oct 2000 19:41:03 -0700
Greetings,

Just installed v3.09; looks to be great stuff, however, I'm having a problem
with my PHP3-based site, which uses a template driven approach and "renders"
(for lack of a better phrase) each page on the fly.

The problem is that the source files are not "true" HTML files; instead, they
include "snippets" at runtime designed to construct a final HTML file on the
fly.  The result includes titles, meta's, styles, and so forth.

Thus, indexer doesn't work very well against my source files.  Can you point
me toward the changes I might consider to fetch the document with indexer and
have it index _that_ while retaining the original filename in the index
itself?

Thanks in advance...

--Lance