Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] perlfect-search digest, Vol 1 #84 - 3 msgs (fwd)

Taz Meister
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:22:54 -0800 (PST)
First of all, it doesn't appear that you are actually running a valid
cron file. This appears to be a shell script, but not a crontab entry.

A crontab file may look like:

#minute hour    mday    month   wday    command

# Run the Indexer(every other day at 1:00AM)
0 1 1-31/2 * * /home/sites/site1/web/cgi-bin/perlfect/search/

You have two choices.

1. You can tell cron not to email anything with this entry in your

2. You can route the output to devnull by changing the entry to read:

0 1 1-31/2 * * /home/sites/site1/web/cgi-bin/perlfect/search/ >

(or if you want nothing from the output in cases where some of the
crontab is emailed:)

0 1 1-31/2 * * /home/sites/site1/web/cgi-bin/perlfect/search/
2>&1 /dev/null