Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] perlfect-search digest, Vol 1 #84 - 3 msgs (fwd)

Taz Meister taz@lagmonster.org
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:22:54 -0800 (PST)
First of all, it doesn't appear that you are actually running a valid
cron file. This appears to be a shell script, but not a crontab entry.

A crontab file may look like:

SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/etc:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
MAILTO=""
#
#minute hour    mday    month   wday    command
#

# Run the Indexer(every other day at 1:00AM)
0 1 1-31/2 * * /home/sites/site1/web/cgi-bin/perlfect/search/indexer.pl

You have two choices.

1. You can tell cron not to email anything with this entry in your
crontab:

MAILTO=""

2. You can route the output to devnull by changing the entry to read:

0 1 1-31/2 * * /home/sites/site1/web/cgi-bin/perlfect/search/indexer.pl >
/dev/null

(or if you want nothing from the output in cases where some of the
crontab is emailed:)

0 1 1-31/2 * * /home/sites/site1/web/cgi-bin/perlfect/search/indexer.pl
2>&1 /dev/null