Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] ( Newbie ) Indexer Cron Job.

Alex Collins a.collins@anglia.ac.uk
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 09:54:23 +0000
Hi there

We have a rapidly developing web site, and to run the indexer manually
is going to be a pain. I use a cron job to do it.

The indexer runs fine but the noise in the logs is deafening. Cron also
sends me a nice email telling me that it worked.

How can I quieten things down a little.

Perlfect search 3.09
Cobalt Raq 4 ( LINUX )
Perl 5.005

Cron file.

#!/bin/sh
/home/sites/site1/web/cgi-bin/perlfect/search/indexer.pl

Thanks.
--
Alex Collins.     Rivermead Library IT Support Technician.
Rivermead Library.      Tel:01245 493131 X3722  Fax: X3145