Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] indexing files w/ no extensions

Paul Felsheim paul-f@charter.net
Fri, 03 Nov 2000 04:01:20 -0600
Hi,

How can I index files with no extensions?  All files that I want to
index have no extension, so I'm kinda screwed here.  I know this has
come up before, as I saw a message in the archives about a patch, but it
was a little unclear to me how to go from there.  I know linux well, but
to me, perl is a gem (no pun intended!).  So you'll have to spell it out
for me...

I've tried "", " ", "''", "' '", and pipe like so: "|", "'|'" (it looked
to me like the pipe had something to do with it in the patch..?)

Thank you!

Paul

btw, i'm using ver 3.09