Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] PerlFect Indexing PDF files

Davone Vang davone.vang@gen21.com
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 10:07:42 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C07027.867D06B0

When I run it from the DOS prompt, I get the same error.  I set $PDFTOTEXT =
'd:/inetpub/wwwroot/cgi-bin/perlfect/search/xpdf/pdftotext.exe';

Thank you.
Davone

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Naber [mailto:daniel.naber@t-online.de]
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2000 9:56 AM
To: perlfect-search@perlfect.com
Subject: Re: [Perlfect-search] PerlFect Indexing PDF files

On 2000-12-27 17:45, you wrote:

> Thanks for your prompt response.  I've installed beta 3.20, installed
> xpdf, and configured the variable $PDFTOTEXT.  When I ran the indexer.pl
> script I get the following error when it tries to index the PDF file.

Does it work if you call pdftotext manually at the DOS prompt?
The syntax is "pdftotext somefile.pdf -". It should print an ASCII version
of the PDF.
What exactly did you set $PDFTOTEXT to?

regards

Tel. 05241-59371, Mobil 0170-4819674
visit:

------_=_NextPart_001_01C07027.867D06B0

When I run it from the DOS prompt, I get the same = error.  I set $PDFTOTEXT =3D = 'd:/inetpub/wwwroot/cgi-bin/perlfect/search/xpdf/pdftotext.exe';<= /P>

Thank you.
Davone

> Thanks for your prompt response.  I've = installed beta 3.20, installed
> xpdf, and configured the variable = $PDFTOTEXT.  When I ran the indexer.pl
> script I get the following error when it tries = to index the PDF file.

Does it work if you call pdftotext manually at the = DOS prompt?
The syntax is "pdftotext somefile.pdf -". = It should print an ASCII version
of the PDF.
What exactly did you set $PDFTOTEXT to?

regards

Daniel Naber, Paul-Gerhardt-Str. 2, 33332 = Guetersloh, Germany
Tel. 05241-59371, Mobil 0170-4819674