Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Search results display popdown form contents

Rob Stevenson rstevenson@accesscable.net
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 09:36:48 -0400
I believe perlfect will use metadata as the description returned instead
of the first part of the text of the page - if you have metadata.
Metadata is a good idea anyway as it helps other search engines.

HTH

Rob

----------------
on 18/12/00 19:19 Britt Griswold said...

>Is there any way to stop Perlfect search from displaying the text of a
>popdown form. It happens to be the first item that Prelfect thinks is
>readable text on the page.  This is most troublesome. This popdown
>navigation aid appears on every page of my site. I would just a s soon
>have it ignored altogether, but to have it take up most of the
>description for each link makes the search results page almost useless
>for determining which result to pick.
>
>Any suggestions? Even if I comment out those words for the search, won't
>they still display as the first visable text on each page return? Moving
>the popup form to the bottom of the page is not very desirable.  It then
>looses the point of being a quickjump list is you have to scroll to get
>to it.
>
>Britt Griswold
>bgriswol@pop200.gsfc.nasa.gov

Rob Stevenson - MSCS