Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Search results display popdown form contents

Britt Griswold bgriswol@pop200.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 18:19:50 -0500
Is there any way to stop Perlfect search from displaying the text of a
popdown form. It happens to be the first item that Prelfect thinks is
readable text on the page.  This is most troublesome. This popdown
navigation aid appears on every page of my site. I would just a s soon
have it ignored altogether, but to have it take up most of the
description for each link makes the search results page almost useless
for determining which result to pick.

Any suggestions? Even if I comment out those words for the search, won't
they still display as the first visable text on each page return? Moving
the popup form to the bottom of the page is not very desirable.  It then
looses the point of being a quickjump list is you have to scroll to get
to it.