Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Perlfect not indexing Frontpage shared borders correctly

Daniel Naber daniel.naber@t-online.de
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 23:27:37 +0100
On 2000-12-14 23:09, you wrote:

> correctly. For example try searching word Vallant on my site
> http://vallant.hypermart.net, you'll get all 29 pages (which is true),
> but score for every page is 0.00

This is actually correct. The word vallant is considered not relevant,
*because* it is in all pages. If a word occurs everywhere, it doesn't
carry information.

The next version of Perlfect Search will include an option to remove
anything between certain HTML comments (which you can configure). This way
you can filter out the header etc.

> Think here also lies the problem, someone in this group wrote: "because
> of it design Perlfect can't index within Java script"

That's not correct, at least I don't know what that means.

Tel. 05241-59371, Mobil 0170-4819674