Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Indexer has errors and search lists pages WithOUT the word I was searching for.

Laurent LESTRADE Laurent.LESTRADE@imp.cnrs.fr
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 17:07:17 +0200
>    Here are the errors in the indexer.  SDBM_FILE  is installed (see
>below).  I did a find on DB_FILE and it appears to reside  on the system
>as well.  The errors listed below may be the key to my  problems.  I would
>welcome any assistance.  The product is good and I  feel that I am close
>to solving the problem with just a bit of help.  Thank  very much in
>advance. ================================== $ perl5 indexer.pl
>Using SDBM_File...

I had the same problem using SDBM, forcing the choice of DB_File clear the
problem. DB_File work better for me (ie with a large web site). The
temporary files generated by indexer.pl are not deleted when using
SDBM_File, but you can delete them manually if you want to use SDBM.
The problem of "unwanted pages" was solved for me, also using DB_File. I
don't know why ......?

Laurent

---
Laurent LESTRADE
mailto:Laurent.LESTRADE@imp.cnrs.fr
http://www.imp.cnrs.fr/utilisateurs/lestrade/
-----
J'ai vu marqu� sur la boite du logiciel : "Windows 95 et Pentium ou
sup�rieur", j'ai alors achet� un Macintosh.