Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Get blank screen when search.pl is accessed

Giorgos Zervas giorgos@perlfect.com
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 10:47:04 +0000
Michael,

I think the problem occurs because your web host automatically kills the
indexer either because:
1) it uses too much processor time
2) it uses too much CPU power or memory

We have taken extreme care to minimize both CPU and memory consumption,
but there is not much we can do about 1). The indexer has to open, read
and index quite a few files. Many web hosts(rightly) make the assumption
that if a perl script is running for a few hours it must have gone in an
infinite loop so it has to die. Of course this is not the case with the
indexer. I suggest you contact your web host and ask them about their
policy on the above matters.

giorgos.