Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] problems under NT with links

giorgos giorgos@perlfect.com
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 11:59:16 +0300
Stefan,

As I had supsected the filenames of the databases file created on NT are
not the same like UNIX. Are you running perlfect search with DB_File or
another DBM module? To find out check out the first few lines of output
of the indexer. It should say something like Using DB_File or Using
SDBM, etc.

Once I know which module causes this problem I can fix it. To remedy the
problem manually rename all the tmp files to their non-tmp equivalents
after the indexer finishes. eg: desc_tmp.dir -> desc.dir, desc_tmp.pag
-> desc.pag. Also make sure that before you run the indexer for the
first time your data directory is empty.

giorgos.