Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] perlfect-search

giorgos giorgos@perlfect.com
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 11:54:18 +0300
hmmm, i just had a very very cunning thought...

I think there may be two versions of perl on you system. one in /usr/bin
and one in /usr/local/bin.

what does this mean? that if you type perl -v at the command prompt you
are running perl5 whereas the script invokes perl4 because it has a
different path in its first line...

so to check do this for me:
open either indexer.pl or search.pl. the first line will tell you the
path that the script is using to call perl. it should be either
/usr/local/bin/perl or /usr/bin/perl. Now invoke perl with this full
path and the -v option and let me know what it is reporting...

giorgos