Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] perlfect-search

RSH Web Services rshweb@rshweb.com
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 23:46:24 -0400
>> Perl, version 5.005_03 built for i386-bsdos
>So perl -c setup.pl also gives errors? Then somehow the script got
>damaged, the same version of perl works fine for me with setup.pl

I downloaded a new version thinking the first might have been damaged.
When I run set up the following error shows:
========================
perl -c setup.pl
syntax error in file setup.pl at line 9, next 2 tokens "my $VERSION "
syntax error in file setup.pl at line 21, next 2 tokens "input("
syntax error in file setup.pl at line 29, next 2 tokens "chomp $perl"
syntax error in file setup.pl at line 31, next 2 tokens "input("
syntax error in file setup.pl at line 33, next 2 tokens "set_perl_path("
syntax error in file setup.pl at line 38, next 2 tokens "my $baseurl "
syntax error in file setup.pl at line 51, next 2 tokens "my $instdir"
syntax error in file setup.pl at line 59, next 2 tokens "install_dir("
syntax error in file setup.pl at line 80, next 2 tokens "my @filetypes"
syntax error in file setup.pl at line 81, next 2 tokens "input("
setup.pl has too many errors.
Same error message as before.

Any ideas?
Thanks