Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Feature request

Deniz Sarikaya deniz@zeroknowledge.com
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 13:32:52 -0400
I'm not sure this is the appropriate forum for feature requests, but as
I didn't find any upcoming features in the documentation, I'm sending
here.

OUTPUT VERBOSITY

I'd like to be able to toggle the verbosity of the indexer's output
along the following lines:

quiet: errors, final file & term count
verbose: quiet + list of files indexed + weighting picture
very verbose: verbose + everything else

Basically, since I'm trawling through a pretty large CVS tree, I have to
send the cronjob's output to /dev/null. I'd like, however, to have an
email when things go wrong, and to just be able to monitor how many
files I'm indexing.

On a side note, I've just upgraded to 3.09, and everything seems to be
working smoothly. This product works quite smoothly.

--
Deniz Sarikaya, DevDoctor.