Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Indexing numbers?

Brett Charbeneau brett@happysnowman.com
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 15:50:31 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: Ronald Blaschke <rblasch@cosy.sbg.ac.at>
To: <perlfect-search@perlfect.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Perlfect-search] Indexing numbers?

> Again, just a comment from another user.  I'm using an older version that
> doesn't even has this feature, but from the variable name I take it that
> it is used by the indexer.pl.

    That's the way I understand it. It's one of the conf.pl variables you
can set - the default is to set it to 0 which *keeps* it from indexing
numbers.

> Did you run it again after changing the
> value in your configuration (to rebuild your index)?

    Excellent suggestion - that would be easy to forget, but yes, I did
re-run ./indexer.pl after making this change in the conf file.

http://www.williamsburgforkids.com/cgi-bin/perlfect/search.pl?q=%2B%22adult+
> > stuff%22
> >
> >     which is all 42 of my pages of activities so far.
> >     Like I said, VERY cool.
> >     Now, in the conf.pl file I've set
> >
> >         $INDEX_NUMBERS = 1;
> >
> >     because I want to be able to search for a phrase like +"Less than 30
> > miles", like this:

http://www.williamsburgforkids.com/cgi-bin/perlfect/search.pl?q=%2B%22adult+
> > stuff%22+%2B%22Less+than+30+miles%22
> >
> >     But you'll notice if you visit the link above that I get no hits on
this
> > search. Initially, I think it was because the text "Less than 30 miles"
is
> > also a link on these pages, but then, so is "adult stuff". In fact, if I
do
> > a search on just "30" I get no hits so I'm really stumped.
> >     Any clues? What did I miss?
> >
> > Brett Charbeneau  brett@happysnowman.com
> > 702 Hamilton Street
> > Williamsburg, VA 23185