Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Indexing numbers?

Brett Charbeneau brett@happysnowman.com
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 15:11:44 -0400
    Oh wise and worldly script authors: please, after your hard work in
creating a thing of beauty (darn useful too), can you help out a petty user?
    First, before I go any futher - VERY cool script. Love it, love it, love
it.
    Here's my question:
    I've got my script set up on one of my websites here:

        http://williamsburgforkids.com/search/

    The site is a poor-man's Yahoo! of the Williamsburg area based on what
kids might find interesting this tourist mecca that I live in. Each entry
has a rating called "Adult Stuff" which rates the cost, distance, and
rainy-day-appropriateness of the activity.
    Anyway, I'm trying to use Perlfect as a way of checking my overall
counts of catagories.
    If I do a search on this

            +"adult stuff"

    I get this:

http://www.williamsburgforkids.com/cgi-bin/perlfect/search.pl?q=%2B%22adult+
stuff%22

    which is all 42 of my pages of activities so far.
    Like I said, VERY cool.
    Now, in the conf.pl file I've set

        $INDEX_NUMBERS = 1;

    because I want to be able to search for a phrase like +"Less than 30
miles", like this:

http://www.williamsburgforkids.com/cgi-bin/perlfect/search.pl?q=%2B%22adult+
stuff%22+%2B%22Less+than+30+miles%22

    But you'll notice if you visit the link above that I get no hits on this
search. Initially, I think it was because the text "Less than 30 miles" is
also a link on these pages, but then, so is "adult stuff". In fact, if I do
a search on just "30" I get no hits so I'm really stumped.
    Any clues? What did I miss?

Brett Charbeneau  brett@happysnowman.com
702 Hamilton Street
Williamsburg, VA 23185