Perlfect Solutions

[Perlfect-search] Help

chip.wiegand@simrad.com chip.wiegand@simrad.com
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 11:34:32 -0700
I just downloaded and extracted your search script today and extracted it to a
temp dir, then uploaded
it to a temp dir on my web server (public isp). Then I telneted to it and ran
the following -

perl setup.pl

and got the following errors -

 Too many errors encountered; the rest of the message is ignored:
 syntax error in file setup.pl at line 9, next 2 tokens "my $VERSION "
 syntax error in file setup.pl at line 20, next 2 tokens "input("
 syntax error in file setup.pl at line 28, next 2 tokens "chomp $perl"
 syntax error in file setup.pl at line 30, next 2 tokens "input("
 syntax error in file setup.pl at line 32, next 2 tokens "set_perl_path("
 syntax error in file setup.pl at line 37, next 2 tokens "my $baseurl "
 syntax error in file setup.pl at line 48, next 2 tokens "my $instdir"
 syntax error in file setup.pl at line 56, next 2 tokens "install_dir("
 syntax error in file setup.pl at line 74, next 2 tokens "my @filetypes"
 syntax error in file setup.pl at line 75, next 2 tokens "input("
 setup.pl has too many errors.
 apache: {7} %

Can you help with this?

Chip Wiegand
Network Admin.
chip.wiegand@simrad.com
Simrad, Inc
Lynnwood, WA
425-712-1138

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
 --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977
          (-- Then why do I have seven?)